Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes... I am still Alive!

After five months of not posting anything I'm sure that no one checks this blog anymore, but I am going to start writing again. Part of my silliness is that I don't want to write anything unless it is profoundly inspiring. Now I have decided that writing humdrum stuff is better then not writing at all. So here we go. We have had a great summer! We increased our little farm of three goats and a garden by adding to it six chickens and a pony named Black Beauty.In July we sent my brother Don on a mission to Frankfurt Germany. He was originally called to serve in Russia, but the night before he entered the MTC the Church Mission Office called the Stake President and said that he had been reassigned to Germany. A month later the Church announced that because of Russia's visa policy (every foreigner has to return to his home of origan every three months to renew their visa) they would no longer be sending American missionaries to Russia. Don took the news really well, our Harsh family is actually from that area of Germany so it will be neat to have him there. This makes the forth sibling that Allen and I currently have out on missions. Allen's two brothers, Grant (serving in Denver) & Scott (serving in D.C.), then I have Esther (Richmond Virginia) and now Don (Frankfurt Germany). We are so proud of all four of them, Christmas time will be fun with all those packages to send off :)

Allen Celebrated his 33rd birthday in July. He wanted his Aunt Pam's cream puffs for his birthday cake, so we made them and formed a big tower and they were delicious, thanks for the recipe Aunt Pam!We got him the complete Sackett series by Louis L'Amour (one of our favorite series' of all time). I highly suggest them. Then I took him on a date to see Cyrano at the Shakespeare Festival. It was very good, and after a month of having my husband gone on and off it was so nice to be on a date with him!We had a wonderful Levie Family Reunion. We camped up Big Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake. That is one of my favorite places in the whole world, I love the pine and aspen trees. It was a special reunion because we were all together (except for the two missionaries) for the first time in five years. We had so much fun, and I didn't even mind camping while being almost eight months pregnant.
There's nothing like smore's.

Cousins make the best friends!

Brushing their teeth before being zipped into their tents.

There are 20 Levie cousins with three on the way (some were napping so not all are in the picture).

Little Eve fell asleep before dinner after a fun day of playing with her cousins.

Abby, Denny and Paul were in both 24th of July Parades (Cedar City & Enoch City).
They loved throwing candy to the children, but I suspect they liked eating the candy best.


Those are some of the highlights of our summer. Hopefully I will be a better blogger over the next five months.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey, I do still check your blog. Glad to hear you're all doing well. Keep us updated on your new little one when the time comes.

Kristin said...

me too. Can I get that cream puff recipe! That 'cake' made me start drooling! and you got a pony! Man, you guys are the envy of little girls everywhere!

ajwhet10 said...

Great blog! I just found it. Thanks for the pictures of your family, and for sharing your summer. I love that your kids have critters and some real farm experiences. BTW, How about the great cream-puff recipe? Is that what you used for Lem's Wedding Feast? Mmmmm!
Aunt Amy

David and Jana said...

OK, you're going to have to give me the cream puff recipe, too. :) I actually checked your blog a lot. I need to hear the pony story! We'll find out in about 3 or 4 weeks. I'm glad you're back!

David, Melissa, and kids said...

Yay for the chickens! We'll hopefully get started on that next year after settling in a little bit.

mommy said...

Cute pictures; I'm glad you posted again!

Anonymous said...

love to take off her diaper and eat her bald puffy p---y