Thursday, November 6, 2008

Girls Rule & Boys Drool!

I have always hated this saying and the attitude that goes with it, that is why I was taken back when Eve came up to us last Sunday and said very adamantly
"I don't lite boys, I lite girls!"
Allen and I tried to hold back our laughter at her very serious statement. I think she had just discovered that there was a difference between girls and boys and that she liked the girl way better, that is just our guess - who knows what goes on in the mind of a very dramatic two year old. The video below is a dialogue about her decided opinion and a look at her new hairdo.



I am happy to report that after talking with her she came to us a day or so later and said "Mom, do you lite boys?" after telling her that I did she said "I lite boys too." I'm glad that is resolved for now.

Tonight at dinner Dennis said
"Eve is getting smarter every day."
To which Paul replied
"She's smarter then we are."
Affronted at that remark Dennis had to defend himself
"No, she can't say Chess."
Eve, who of course was listening to all of this, looked at Dennis and said with perfect pronunciation
"Chess"
We all died laughing, it was the cutest thing. I wish that I had been recording it. Kids really do say the darndest things!

4 comments:

PeavoyMom said...

Ha, ha! Kids really are way to funny! About where I'm having my baby... well, we have our kidlets at home. In fact, Mosiah was our last child, and our midwife didn't quite make it on time so Bill delivered him.
I love your background by the way, very pretty. I love Autumn too.
Blogs are a great way to get to know someone, eh?

Rhonda said...

I love the video!

Ashleigh still likes girls and boys (and she's whacked the same chunk of bangs of a zillion times since June) but our Benjamin is 7 and he refuses to hug girl primary teachers, cousin's, you name it. I'm sure he'll outgrow it in the next few years. lol

That's so nice that you had so much family in attendance for the special events!

mommy said...

That is so funny, Adalyn has been going through a not liking boys stage too. I thought it was just because of Jacob, but if Eve is doing it too then maybe it's just the age. Dennis & Paul's conversation cracks me up!

estherharsh said...

ssssoooooo cute!!