Thursday, April 23, 2009

Now for the News

So I uploaded the pictured below and forgot to write. I have joined the blogger world again. I could make a lot of excuses as to why I haven't posted in the last six months, but really it all comes down to the fact that I am not good at being consistent. It is one of the struggles of my life. Hey, didn't someone say that weak things can be made strong, so potentially speaking it's my greatest strength!!!

We are loving Spring. This year our family is starting a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). This is how it works, a local farmer sells shares of his crop at the beginning of the season, then those people get a weekly portion of his harvest. It is a great way to eat fresh produced that was grown locally, boosting your local community in many ways. We are so excited, of course we don't have a full blown "Farm" but we are going to grow a huge variety of vegitables. Hopefully next year we will add chickens to our farm and offer eggs. More on this as we continue to plow and plant.

Now I am going to catch up on all of your blogs since it's been a long time. Happy Spring to all of you.

5 comments:

SETHER+ONE said...

That sounds so cool! We love stuff like that. Too bad you're so far away. Way to blog again! Your kids are so cute, btw.

Myers Family said...

So funny that you mention that because I was wondering if there was one in cedar city. Will you call me, or email me with the details?
Thanks Martha,
Karen

David, Melissa, and kids said...

I'm so glad for that our weak things can be our strongest!! Someday!
It was great to see you in Utah, have fun with those chickens.

Jennifer Baldwin said...

I completely understand as I am consistently inconsistent! lol I moved up to SLC! We need to catch up sometime dear!

Jen

PeavoyMom said...

Hey Martha, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm doing my first REAL giveaway on my blog ever. Come check it out!