Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's A Girl

Abigail, Dennis, Paul & Eve

Would like to introduce you to their new sister...

~Esther Truth Levie~

Born Wednesday September 16th at 1:04pm

Weighing in at 7lb 4oz

Stretching out to 20 ½ inches

It all began Tuesday evening at 7:20pm while I was shopping with all the children at Wal Mart... Yep, you guessed it; my water broke right there in the store. I happened to see Adam Hailstone who let me use his cell phone to call Allen. As gracefully as possible I made my way to the closest register, purchased my groceries and went home, thankfully the contractions had not yet started.


Because of a negative pregnancy test taken early on, the baby was not expected for another two weeks, so upon arriving home I immediately washed some baby clothes and blankets (something that had not been done yet) while Allen packet a bag for the children and Uncle Lem came to pick them up (thank you Lem & Chiya) .My mother and sister Mary jumped in their cars and began the journey, one from the South and the other from the North. The contractions started around 9pm... and then Stopped at 4am, by then my midwives and my mother were here, we all decided to get some sleep. At 8:30am a contraction woke me up; Mary had arrived so everything was set. I labored all morning and at 1:04 our little girl was born. This birth was amazing, I had excellent midwives who gently guided me and helped this to be a peaceful, beautiful experience. My loving husband was perfect, I couldn’t have done it without him!


Esther is a very peaceful, gentle baby; she only cried twice the day she was born.


The first two days she slept and slept, now she stays awake to plays with her brothers

and sisters, or more appropriately put, they play with her.


The baby didn’t have a name for the first 24 hours of her life, Allen and I filled a white board with names and finally decided on Esther Truth. We both have incredible ancestors named Esther and I have a sister with that name, we wanted to use a virtue for her middle name and Truth fit perfectly with Esther.


I had wonderful care during my recovery. My mother stayed for five days, she is so calm and loving I’m glad she could come (thanks dad). My sister Mary was here with her two boys for two and a half weeks, she was an angel (gratitude to Jeff for loaning me his wife to for so long). Little Esther has had two great media experiences in the first two weeks of her life, she watched her first General Conference and her first BYU football game, thanks to her Aunt Melanie she was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

“Cry and Shout, the Cougars are out.”

Thank you all for the dinners, gifts, cards, visits and phone calls. We are most grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us with this beautiful little child. Know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

The Levie Family

16 comments:

Rhonda said...

I just emailed you but I'll put it here too.

CONGRATS! Such a beautiful family and sounds like such a peaceful and beautiful birth experience.

Love that last pic especially. Too precious for words.

Amy Jones said...

congrats Levie's! She is so sweet.

Michelle said...

We are so happy for you! What a sweet addition to your lovely family.

Rex Vallis said...

Congratulations! She looks perfect.

Autumn said...

I'm so glad you sent me an e-mail letting me know about the birth of your little lady! She is beautiful! Congratulations! The 8th ward misses you and your family. I'm glad all is well.

mad white woman said...

What a lovely little story. I love the name Esther and she's such a beautiful baby!

David, Melissa, and kids said...

Congratulations!! Glad things went well with the birth and that you got to have family support there. You have a beautiful, budding family!

Anonymous said...

Martha, she is beautiful! That last picture of her is so precious. I think the joy of a new baby is multiplied by how many overjoyed siblings there are to welcome her. Your children are so sweet. Congratulations!

PeavoyMom said...

You Levie's sure do make the cutest kids I've ever seen! I was going to tell you to come and look at our blog, but I can see that we're already on your blogroll. Bill just forwarded me your gorgeous baby announcement, whoever your photographer is did a great job, and the same goes for the person who put together your announcement. Bill told me to tell you Esther is gorgeous, and the peaches look yummy... I haven't even looked at your blog yet so I don't know what that means! Anyways, I wish I would have known sooner that you have a blog, but now I'll be sure to check back. By the way, Esther was born on our anniversary... I think that makes her extra special (winks).
Bill sends his love!
Kym Peavoy

Roberts Fam'ly said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Jer and Jacquie O said...

We're so happy for you Martha and Allen! What a beautiful little girl! Your children are all adorable. Congratulations from the Ostlers!

barrettandaudrey said...

congrates, she is beautiful and so blessed to come to home such as yours!

Marie said...

Precious! What a beautiful addition. I hope you guys are doing really well.
Love,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Martha. You are are so lucky to have such awesome support. I am glad everything went well.

lilmonsters_momma said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby and a beautiful family. I've got one of my own now too!

Be in peace-
Siobhan

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Congrats she is beautiful!! I heard you had a baby from your sister who I saw during Melissa's birth (as I was lucky enough to be her labor and delivery nurse). They couldn't stop talking about how amazing you are and what I beautiful birth it was!!